Mangoes are probably the favorite fruit of everyone in my household. So, hot summertime weather plus too many overripe mangoes turned into a very happy event for all of us.
Raw Vegan Mango Frozen Yogurt
- 1 cup raw cashews (covered and soaked with water for 4-6 hours if you don’t have a power blender)
- 1 cup filtered water
- 1 scoop of Sunwarrior’s Raw Vegan Warrior Blend Protien Powder (Natural or Vanilla) optional, makes for a thicker, richer cashew yogurt.
- 1 teaspoon mellow white miso
- 1/2 teaspoon vegan probiotic powder, or vegan yogurt culture.
- 3 big, ripe mangoes, peeled and diced
- 1/4 cup raw agave
Method: Blend the cashews, water, raw agave, Sunwarrior protein powder and miso until completely smooth and creamy. Pulse in the vegan probiotic powder/yogurt culture. Scrape all into a clean glass container, cover and then let culture in a warm place for 4-24 hours depending on how tart you want your frozen yogurt, a longer culture time equals a more tart yogurt. (Mixture may separate during culturing, just leave it alone). When the yogurt is cultured, you’re ready to make frozen yogurt! Add cashew yogurt and two of the diced mangoes to your blender. Blend til mangoes are completely smooth and incorporated. Stir or pulse in the third mango, so that the frozen yogurt will have some whole pieces of mango.
Pour into prepared ice cream maker and let churn for 25-30 minutes. If you don’t have an ice cream maker, you can try this method.
You can eat it now, like soft serve but it’s much better when you freeze it for 2 hours til it’s nice and solid.
This recipe is also featured on Sunwarrior News.