FYI, these are cakey-soft-glorious pumpkin cookies, so if you’re looking for chewy-crispy type cookies, look elsewhere.
- 1 1/4 cups canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup packed organic brown sugar
- 1/2 cup organic granulated sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice blend
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 cups organic all purpose flour (use a cup for cup gluten-free flour blend for gluten-free cookies)
- 2 cups vegan chocolate chips
Method: preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large mixing bowl, combine pumpkin, coconut oil, brown sugar, granulated sugar, baking powder, pumpkin spice blend, sea salt, baking soda and vanilla. Add the flour, stir until incorporated. Stir in chocolate chips until evenly distributed.
Scoop cookies with a big cookie scoop onto baking sheets lined with parchment paper. If you have two cookie sheets you’ll get about 9 cookies per sheet or 18 cookies total. Bake for 14-17 minutes, alternating the sheets halfway through) if baking both at once) or until puffed and golden. Let cookies cool slightly before eating.